Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning Protection Question

To: "Larry Boekeloo" <lboekeloo@sbcglobal.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning Protection Question
From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 10:57:06 -0400
Larry:

     It depends.  I have my Polyphasers at the NEMA box at the tower base,
but I also have a remote coax switch there, too.  I connected the
Polyphasers between the coax and the switch so that each coax was
individually protected BEFORE it went into the switch.  If I had mounted the
switch in the shack, I would have put the Poly's outside the shack directly
on the SPG panel.

     Don't forget to ground the shields of your coax at the top and bottom
of the tower, too.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F