Re: [TowerTalk] Climbing Belt

To: Mac English <km9zkb9mdl@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Climbing Belt
From: Tom Anderson <andersonww5l@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 08:58:52 -0700 (PDT)
Mac:

I used to use a Klein (they make all kinds of safety equipment) climbing belt
that my XYL bought me years ago.  It was actually a "tree climbers" belt which
mean it had a wide leather webbing piece around the waist and a second piece
that went underneath your posterior, where the legs meet the pelvis.  This belt
design allowed the lower piece to take some of the strain off of your back when
you were working a long time on top of the tower.  I also had a large wrap
around the tower belt with big hooks to secure me to the tower.  I only used it
on my 40 ft of Rohn 25.

Now I have a TriEx 50 ft crank up and just rent a scissors man lift for the
weekend to do tower work.  XYL won't let me climb any more hi hi.  At 63 she
says I'm too old and too big................

Tom, WW5L