Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted L Dimensions

To: "'Scott MacKenzie'" <kb0fhp@verizon.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted L Dimensions
From: "Wes Attaway \(N5WA\)" <wesattaway@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 20:27:13 -0500
Make the vertical section as long as you can (65' would be enough) and then
make the horizontal portion enough so that the total Vertical and Horizontal
length would be 130 to 135'.  The exact length is not critical.  You can
just adjust the horizontal portion so that the SWR is lowest at your desired
frequency.  You will need some radials.  Start with at least 16, make them
as long as you can, and then add more as time permits.  More radials of any
length will equate to somewhat better performance.

There are more refined ways to go about this but the above layout will work
and you can get on the air and have some fun.

1138 Waters Edge Circle - Shreveport, LA 71106
    318-797-4972 (office) - 318-393-3289 (cell)
        Computer Consulting and Forensics