Re: [TowerTalk] Gear box oil capacity ?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Gear box oil capacity ?
From: Alan NV8A <nv8a@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 11:04:34 -0400
On 09/21/10 09:21 am, Jim Thomson wrote:

> Does anybody know how much oil is required in the gear box, for the UST
> HDX-689 / HDX-5106  motorized crank up towers ?
>
> It a BIG gear box.   I'm guessing 4 x quarts at least.    It's a worm gear
> that floats in an oil bath.
>
> Mobil Oil  SCH634

Did you get your tower new? What docs. did you get with it? My docs. set
for the HDX-555 included the gearbox manufacturer's instruction sheet
including information about the grade and quantity of oil to be used --
but a note or stamp on those instructions indicated that it had been
filled already by UST.

HOWEVER, I am sorry to say that I cannot put my hand on that page at
present.

Have you tried contacting UST?

73

Alan NV8A