Re: [TowerTalk] How to support a large loop?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How to support a large loop?
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 11:43:22 -0700
I totally agree.  I just don't think it makes sense to run any kind of
antenna wire through a pulley.   In order for anything braided to be
flexible, its strands have to rub across each other to make a bend.
Which does that better, with less friction (stress) and less wear ...
oxidized copper or nylon/dacron/etc?

By the way, I think W3LPL already published some advice on rope and
pulley selection.  I think it might be on his website but I'm not sure
off the top of my head, although I don't remember anything about
specific part numbers and sources.

Here's another source for pulleys and ropes, though ... actually almost
any kind of rigging gear.  Pricey stuff, but tough to beat for quality.

http://www.rescuetech1.com/

73,
Dave   AB7E