[TowerTalk] Fwd: X99KP 12VDC RELAY FOR AMERITRON REMOTE ANTENNASWITCHES

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: X99KP 12VDC RELAY FOR AMERITRON REMOTE ANTENNASWITCHES
From: hanslg@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 13:14:14 -0400
 LM Ericsson, Sweden (the old telephone manufacturer) had a patent many years
ago regarding double contacts in relays. They showed that the reliability of a
relay was major increased when you had two relay contacts in parallel. I
believe you still find a term for this, just can't remember what.

Hans - N2JFS

In the "for what it's worth" columb. - I once heard that since precise
simultaneous closing and opening of the two contacts cannot be guaranteed
when just paralleling two circuits, the instantaneous current flow/arcing
contact damage may be the same for one of the contacts in a two contact
configuration as for the single contact.configuration. Obviously the longer
term I^2 R loss/heating would be improved but if one contact was welded by
the initial arc........
Gene / W2LU