To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 93, Issue 104
From: Kathy Bookmiller <wb2aio@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 18:15:00 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 14:45:12 +0000
From: Daniel Hileman <n9wx@hotmail.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TH-7 10M Dire
To: TOWER TALK <towertalk@contesting.com>

Hi Everyone,
I am missing one part of my TH-7 10M Director...I see that DX-engineering/Texas
Towers has the tubing parts, but the size is what I am not sure of. The TH-7
manual says it's 53" of 7/8" tubing for D1 and 43.5" of 7/16" for D2, but
dx-engineering/TX-twrs uses decimal points not fractions...so, anyone know
which one would be equivilent and is the manual talking about O.D, or Wall or
what? Probably O.D.

Thanks,
Daniel N9WX

Dan, Why look at DX-engineering when you can get the part from Hygain (MFJ) I
needed some element ends recently and found they were cheaper than DX. Plus
they'll know what size the part is.
I found it best to call as ordering on web site didn't work well and a phone
call got me the guy who handles the antenna parts-probably cuts them up on the
spot and puts them in the box, take your card number and it'll be on its way in
a day. Wish I remembered his name but once you get the right guy, you'll be in
good shape. He even said it was best to reach him directly to get the right
stuff. That web orders don't go to him direct and have to be physically brought
over to him from the office.
Kathy