Re: [TowerTalk] Crimp for RG6

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crimp for RG6
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 19:27:55 -0400

On 9/30/2010 4:14 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
>    On 9/30/2010 12:19 PM, Craig Clark wrote:
>> Jamie asked:
>> I'm looking for crimp on PL-259 for RG6
>>
>> Craig replied:
>> There is no such animal.
>>
>> You might be able to make the crimps for RG8X work. Personally, I'd use
>> compression RG6 connectors and get F female to UHF male adapters. The
>> "usual" suspects sell them :-)
> Has anyone managed to make SnapNSeal BNCs work?  I bought a bunch to fit
> several sizes of coax, and could never make them lock -- they always
> came off immediately.

I don't use BNCs, but I've had excellent results with standard
compression F connectors.  You just have to make sure you get the ones
for the coax being used (single, or quad shield). I've never been able
to even pull them apart. It takes a fair amount of force to compress them.

IIRC the cable is the same size as RG-8X and I would think those
connectors should work. It's just the RG6 is a bit fragile for that type
of connection and the type F compression connectors work so well.

73

Roger (K8RI)