[TowerTalk] Question on US Towers TRX-80 Raising Fixture

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Question on US Towers TRX-80 Raising Fixture
From: "Larry WA9VRH" <wa9vrh@dishmail.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 16:36:24 -0500
Hi All,

I have an HDX555 and have a question about the TRX-80 Raising Fixture.

My tower is on the end of the house that the garage is on.

My question has three parts.

First with the raising fixture in place how much space do you need between the
raising fixture (including the crank of the winch when it is level)?

Next is do you leave the raising fixture in place all the time or do you only
mount it when you need to do antenna work?

Lastly has anyone tried using a block and tackle mounted (in my case to the end
of the garage) to do the same thing the
raising fixture does?   I believe I could have someone do a tie a number of
roof rafters together along with any additional bracing in the attic over the
garage.....

However I don't want the end of the garage falling off and the roof collapsing
(along with screwing up my tower)

If I would have planned for the tower that I have I am sure my contractor who
built our home could have prepared for it.

Thanks for the read!

73 Larry WA9VRH