[TowerTalk] Rotor Shelf Maintenance

To: Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotor Shelf Maintenance
From: Charles Mills <w3yni1@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 16:34:14 -0400
Hi All,
   Has anyone ever had to do maintenance on the rotor shelf for their tower?

   If so what methods did you use?  My issue is that the tower has had at
least two different models of rotor on it and drilled several times.  Two of
the holes in order to accomodate my rotor are too close to the other holes
and are a little "wide" for the bolts and I'm looking for ways to mitigate
the issue of horizontal slippage of the mast causing it to go out of plumb
thus binding up.

My thoughts are something to take up the extra slack in the holes to as
drastic as cutting out the old shelf and welding a new one in place.
   Any other ideas?

Thanks...Chuck / W3YNI