Re: [TowerTalk] Sealing Coax Connector

To: "Mark Robinson" <markrob@mindspring.com>, "Richard Solomon" <w1ksz@q.com>, "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Sealing Coax Connector
From: "Gene Fuller" <w2lu@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 13:20:50 -0400
I have used two methods each of which have lasted at least ten years for
me -
 - wrap thoroughly with 3M self sealing tape
 - stuff connector with silicon grease leaving no room for
condensation/water, wrap thoroughly with good quality electrical tape and
then smear genreously with RTV, overlapping each successive layer well onto
the coax jacket.
To be super safe could use silcon grease, self sealing tape and RTV
They each would be a PIA to dissassemble but could be slit with a sharp
blade and peeled off.
Gene / W2LU