Re: [TowerTalk] (no subject)

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>, <cqtestk4xs@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] (no subject)
From: "Dan Cisson" <n4gnr@windstream.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 18:48:37 -0400
Bill,, When you came and picked up some tower here years ago,
Do you remember seeing my poles made of 2" X 2" aluminum stock with angle
steel attached as
hooks that fit the angles of 25, 45, 55, and 65.....The poles angle hooks
rest in the "V" of the diagonal
braces, and the pole has NO lateral motion at all. Since I do tower work as
an occupation,,
I have pulled up 400 ft runs of 7/8" heliax....no problem at all....I have
handled 20 ft sections of
pyrod, stainless, and other makes of commercial tower. The beauty of my gin
poles are there are no
clamps,, and it can be handled with one hand. At the top of the pole is a
speed pulley with no play,
and no possibility of the rope jumping the pulley. Check with your local
power company, and they
will show you the pulley,, its called a hand line pulley, all
stainless.....I could send you a photo for clarity
if you like.........Regards,, Dan...N4GNR
p.s. one can always go to 3" X 3" square, or whatever......