Re: [TowerTalk] Fulton K-1550 winch

To: "Guy Molinari" <guy_molinari@hotmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fulton K-1550 winch
From: "Al Williams" <alwilliams@olywa.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 20:15:49 -0700
Be careful--keep hanging on to the winch handle as the winch is capable of
getting into a free run (down comes the tower) mode.

What do you mean "...is frozen:?

Normal operation is to crank the winch out i.e. letting cable out.  That may
appear to be "frozen" but the clutch is actually keeping the winch from free
running.

If you crank the winch in a bit, that can release the clutch and put it into
a free wheel mode.  Again watch what your are doing and hang on to the winch
handle until you are sure the clutch is engaged and is letting cable out.

k7puc