Re: [TowerTalk] SPG panels/feedthroughs etc

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SPG panels/feedthroughs etc
From: charlie@thegallos.com
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 16:24:29 -0400
> It's not like copper is unobtainium.   At at least one hamfest I go to a
> year, there's someone selling off long bars of copper that are drilled
> out,
> sometimes tapped, for use as SPGs, radial plates, what have you, any
> situation where a bunch of straps, wires, braid have to be at the same
> potential.   I was at a fest a few weeks ago where a guy was selling bars
> 2
> or 3 feet long out of breaker panels, for $3/pound.

I wasn't so much talking for the buss bar - Hence the second part - "feed
through panel" - what I'm looking at is putting an enclosure on the
outside of the house, and an aluminum panel on the INSIDE wall -
effectively covering the hole to the outside - there would be coax
bulkheads on it, etc, and IT would be tied to the outside half where the
polyphasers etc are, and the group to ground - aka an inside/outside half
bonded together

The inside leads would tie to buss/studs on the inside part - basically,
making a feedthrough panel/SPG plate combo