Re: [TowerTalk] Power Over Coax

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Power Over Coax
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 00:11:00 +0000
Yes, you can put lots of power over the coax... however, dc and pwm variable
speed control are not equivalent.  If it were a real dc motor I would say
that yes you could filter the motor noise with no problem.  But when driving
it with pwm you will also have to fight the switching noise of the power
supply.  While it may be possible it will be harder than just filtering dc
to switch a relay or power an lna.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net