Re: [TowerTalk] Adjusting a Gamma Match on a Yagi with an AntennaAnalyze

To: Chuck <w5pr@swbell.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Adjusting a Gamma Match on a Yagi with an AntennaAnalyzer
From: n8de@thepoint.net
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 08:25:38 -0500
Quoting Chuck <w5pr@swbell.net>:

> I do have a series capacitor.

Is it adjustable?  If not, why not?

> I was giving you the design impedance without
> the gamma match

Design impedance with split driven element or what?

> and the measured impedance.

Measured with what gamma configuration and capacity?

> I used one wavelength of feed
> line so I could get the antenna off the ground.  It is a multiple of 1/2
> wavelength which should reflect the same impedance as the feed point.

That's totally understandable .. but what is it really telling you?
Seems to me the gamma capacitor needs to be adjusted to make the
inductance = 0, but at what frequency?

Remember, whether you want to do it or not, you MUST do the
'back-and-forth' adjustments between shorting bar and capacitor as
each affects the other.

I'm not sure there is ANY other way ... in my 50+ years of experience
designing/building yagi.

73
Don
N8DE