Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-1000DXA Mounting Bolt Size ?

To: nf4l@nf4l.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-1000DXA Mounting Bolt Size ?
From: Mickey Baker <fishflorida@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 10:56:14 -0500
I have 4 M8x16's in the base of mine, with a washer and a lockwasher on
each. A good hardware store will have them in steel or stainless. I use
stainless and apply TefGel on all stainless-to-aluminum threads.

The way to figure out the threads is to thread a nut on the bolt that turns
smoothly. M8's work, it appears that the holes are 14mm or so deep on my
casting.

73,

Mickey N4MB

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 10:44 AM, Mike <nf4l@nf4l.com> wrote:

> My manual says M8 x 16mm. Here's a link that gives specs for M8. Figuring
> out the
> pitch looks like a challenge.
> http://euler9.tripod.com/bolt-database/23.html
>
> 73, Mike NF4L
>
> On 11/11/2010 9:38 PM, Mike Rhodes wrote:
> > Just wondering if someone can tell me the size and length of the base
> > mounting bolts.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mike / W8DN

Mickey Baker
Fort Lauderdale, FL
“Tell me, and I will listen. Show me, and I will understand. Involve me, and
I will learn.” Teton Lakota, American Indian Saying.