Re: [TowerTalk] Breaking all the tower climbing rules at an amazingheigh

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Breaking all the tower climbing rules at an amazingheight...
From: "n4zkf" <towertalk@n4zkf.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 08:33:24 -0500
Horse Hockey!  "The safer a situation seems to be breeds complacency, that's
when accidents happen"
That's the biggest bunch of BS I have heard in years.

I have scrapped more than one person off the ground from GC's that fell
150ft+ saying "I won't fall". Try to scrape a body of jelly into a bag after
his fall.

I have 8000 towers under me with 15 people on them every day. I have NEVER
had one of them get hurt in over 10 years. WHY? BECAUSE THEY DON'T FREE
CLIMB.
They also have a rescue bag laying at the bottom of the tower before the
climbers go up in case someone gets in trouble.

I started in telecom climbing Broadcast towers 20 years ago when
free-climbing was the norm. It was stupid then and it's stupid now. It's not
worth losing your life for!
Tell me what company you work for because you will never be on one of our
towers.

Sorry for the soapbox guys but when I hear this stuff my blood boils. 100%
tie off at all times! Period! I have seen people die in person. (it didn't
matter if they worked
for me or not) They died free-climbing.

Dave