Re: [TowerTalk] Never-Seez and noalox?

To: n8de@thepoint.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Never-Seez and noalox?
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 06:32:53 -0800
n8de@thepoint.net wrote:
> Might be a 'great' LUBE, but what about electrical/electronics use?
> Dissimilar metals play havoc with some joints.
>
> Had a bad time with 'birdies' due to one dissimilar joint where I had
> grounded a coax line at the base of a tower with copper strap secured
> to the aluminum tower using Noalox.  Seems the copper/aluminum
> junction rectified every shortwave station that the tri-band yagi heard!

I don't know that I'd use MoS2 on tower joints.  It's more for high
pressure mechanical moving things (e.g. drive chains on motorcycles). I
think, because the Molybdenum is chemically bound to the sulfur, it's
not going to react with the other metals and form dielectric junctions.
MoS2 is also an insulator (like most sulfides), so I don't know that it
would perform the function of a NoAlOx kind of material, which, in part,
is designed to ensure that you have good conductivity all the time.