Re: [TowerTalk] Never before asked question

To: TexasRF@aol.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Never before asked question
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 07:44:50 EST

In a message dated 12/7/2010 6:42:06 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
TexasRF@aol.com writes:

>  Steve, I guess I don't understand why you think concrete will  stick to
the forms? And if it does, why is that a problem unless you are  planning to
take them back to the lumber store for a refund when done?

>  This story needs more telling!

    Well, I've never really had a problem with sticky  forms but I'm
working with bigger forms than usual so I wanted to anticipate  the potential
problem. In retrospect there'll be dirt around the finished base  so even if
there was some wood fragments sticking to the concrete, it'll be  covered up by
the dirt.

    The consensus is either a petroleum product  (e.g. diesel oil, etc.) or
a waxy product (e.g. floor wax). Tnx to all  for your input!

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC