Re: [TowerTalk] Noise puzzle (longish)

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Noise puzzle (longish)
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 10:44:43 -0700
I'll try to keep this reply brief in order not to offend Bill Marx,
whoever he is.

Higher common mode pickup due to more tower/coax in the air wouldn't be
directional, so I doubt that would be it.  Since ground waves attenuate
very quickly as a function of distance, the additional height might
cause the difference you see to a noise source a few km away if (as you
state in your next message) it isn't sun noise.

73,
Dave   AB7E