Re: [TowerTalk] Fractal Antennas, Chip Cohen (N1IR) on Nova

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fractal Antennas, Chip Cohen (N1IR) on Nova
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 01:11:53 -0700

A patent is no assurance of anything, least of all the technical
validity of the idea, except for possibly the opportunity to argue the
merits of it in front of a judge and/or jury comprised of people even
more technically ignorant than the folks at the patent office who
granted it.  For the most part, the only requirement for a patent is
that the idea be unique, not that it have any relationship to the laws
of science, and even that criteria fails absurdly often in actual practice.

73,
Dave   AB7E