Re: [TowerTalk] RF current in REF + DIR ..how much ?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RF current in REF + DIR ..how much ?
From: David Robbins <k1ttt@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 09:41:24 -0600 (CST)
some googling will show some experimental and modeled results for this... but a
bit of thought will give you some idea of what is going on.  consider for
example a simple 2 element yagi that is tuned to give a very good f/b ratio.
when you look at it from behind the fields you see are the sum of the fields
from the two elements, in order for them to give a good f/b they have to almost
cancel, and in order to do that with elements that are nearly the same length
the current magnitudes have to be almost equal and almost out of phase.

a couple of quick references:
http://www.jpier.org/PIER/pier100/12.09111501.pdf
http://users.ices.utexas.edu/~cynthia/paper/yagi.pdf