Re: [TowerTalk] vertical antenna question

To: john@kk9a.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] vertical antenna question
From: Dan Hearn <n5ardxcc@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 19:05:00 -0800
Tony your antenna sounds like one of the 43 foot "160thru 10 meter " jobs. I
have put together a discussion of that antenna on our club web page
www.sdxa.org  If you click DX Tips on the right side you will find it. The
feed point impedance is no where near 50 ohms on any band,  Properly matched
it should work reasonaby well on 40 and 20 if you have a good radial system.
On higher bands it is a cloud warmer with its high angle of radiation. On
the lower bands its radiation resistance is very low resulting in poor
efficiency with any practical radial system