[TowerTalk] Fwd: A word of caution Was Wireless tower direction indicato

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: A word of caution Was Wireless tower direction indicator?
From: Hans Hammarquist <hanslg@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 22:30:15 -0500 (EST)
 I think the idea is that you calibrate the true north against the READING on
the controller. I believe that declination is rather constant at least in a
short time frame, all you have to do is to direct the antenna in a know
direction, rotate the sensor until you read that direction on the controller.
Unless you have variations in the declination the reading should keep up.

(I recommend a north-seeking plastic owl if you have problems finding true
north:-)

73 de Hans - N2JFS