[TowerTalk] Intruder on 3985?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Intruder on 3985?
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 03:23:21 -0800
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 15:08:33 -0500
From: ww3s@zoominternet.net
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>

Anyone else copy this the last few nights? Was real strong in NW PA.
Wisconsin must have been hearing it, as they had to move a traffic net
to a different freq. Appeared to be speaking Russian, or perhaps an
eastern European language. It's AM....Who/how does something like
this get reported?

##  3900-4000  is the SW AM  "75M" band.  IE: we just lost 100 khz
of the top end of the 75m band  for all intensive purposes.   We have LOUD
chinese stations on 3925 here on the west coast...+ a few other freqs > 3900.

##  Go to any of the sites of commercial SW AM  broadcast TX and mating
amplifiers,
and they all include 3900-4000 khz.

##  It's too bad in the end. One loud AM SW  station will take out +/- 6 khz
easily..so
each one of em cleans out 12 khz of the band.

Jim  VE7RF