Re: [TowerTalk] Utility Pole costs

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Utility Pole costs
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 07:19:50 -0800
On 2/7/11 4:46 AM, foxbw@comcast.net wrote:

>   I queried our local municipal power utility about purchasing and planting a
> utility pole
> in my yard.  They quoted $300.00 for a 40 foot pole, including installation.
> It never
> happened as the auger / installer rig could not get a clear path to my
> preferred location,
> too many trees, garden, etc.

Sometimes, the utilities aren't interested in doing things that aren't
in their direct line of business.  (and, in any case, these days, a lot
of them contract out the pole planting business)

Cable TV companies also do pole work, or at least, they contract out to
someone who does. An informal contact with someone who does field work
might turn up a lead to the local companies who do it.

As another alternative, you can look for companies that do "temporary
installations" for construction sites (they do porta-potties, temporary
fencing, power poles, etc.)

Access to the site is always an issue.  the truck is fairly big