To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 98, Issue 26
From: "Glenn Thorne" <gathorne@traer.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 19:54:59 -0600
Hi Michael,

Both the bottom and top attach with *huge* clamps to the tower leg.  The
bottom mount includes a spring that keeps the cable fairly tight and about 6
inches off the tower leg.

The standoffs that came with the kit have a rubber end that the cable snaps
in and out of and are mounted to the tower leg with clamps.  I haven't
installed mine yet, the spring keeps the cable pretty tight.  So far I
haven't noticed the cable banging on the tower.  Seemed like they might get
in the way so I'll wait until after I get the current crop of antennas up to
install them.

Here's a picture of the bottom mount on my tower -
http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u291/gathorne/Tower/?action=view&current=DSCF0267.jpg

And here's a picture of a standoff I haven't installed yet -
http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u291/gathorne/Tower/?action=view&current=DSCF0345.jpg

73, Glenn/KD0Q