Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: Beam Height above tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: Beam Height above tower
From: K8RI on TT <k8ri-on-towertalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 02:28:22 -0500
On 2/16/2011 11:45 PM, Stan Stockton wrote:
> Thare is no reason to put it up more than a 6 inches unless you are
I'd go about a foot, just to give room for the rotator loop.  All you
need is enough mechanical clearance for cables "and such".  I'm
installing a C19XR just above the top of a 25G with a WARC-7 10 to 12'
above that. The 2" mast will extend down into the tower 12' to 14' to
the rotator.
> trying to gain height or provide more separation from another antenna
> at a fixed height on the side if the tower all of which would be
> better accomplished with another tower section.
I follow the height part and agree, but I'm not so sure what you mean by
separation.  In my case it requires a mast to get the second antenna the
required distance/separation above the tribander.
>    The closer it is to
> the top of the tower the fewer problems you will have and it will be
> easier to get to if you do have a problem.
Agreed.   You should have seen what I had on top of the 45G.

73

Roger (K8RI)