Re: [TowerTalk] Beam Height above tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com, sandrews@aristotle.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Beam Height above tower
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 16:12:28 EST

In a message dated 2/17/2011 12:01:17 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  I am putting up a new TA-33 on the tower.  How far  above the tower
(Rohn with 25AG4 flat top plate) should I put the beam  mast?

    Anywhere you want - from 1-inch above the top of  the tower to 20-feet
or however long your mast is (within certain engineering  considerations
anyway).

    The antenna distance above the tower has more to  do with mechanical
strength than for any other reason. I'd go as high as you  could go safely and
reliably.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH