Re: [TowerTalk] Force12 rivets

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force12 rivets
From: Barry Gross <n1eu.barry@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 14:24:37 +0000
On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 4:14 PM, Chet <chetmoore@cox.net> wrote:

>  I have an ab-577 rocket launcher here too, I could have that cranked down
> to ladder
> level in less than 15 minutes. I would estimate the time for this fix to be
> approximately 35 minutes. 15 minutes to crank it down, 5 minutes to drill 2
> new holes and pull 3 rivets,and 10 minutes to crank it back up.

Sounds great - please share your expertise in lowering the AB-577 in very
windy condx, solo.  Yes, it's been very windy here.

To address other comments, I assure you my C3S is riveted to spec, although
I can't say exactly how many rivets per joint.  I just don't remember after
10 years and the manual doesn't say.

Have appreciated all the comments.

Kudos to Mark N5WEB of Force12 for offering to send a bunch of rivets.

73, Barry N1EU