Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G800 rotators

To: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>, "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G800 rotators
From: "K0DAN" <k0dan@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 11:38:50 -0600
Take a look at the catalog sheets, I seem to recall there were subtle
differences in the descriptions of G2800xxx as opposed to the smaller
models.

The G2800 has a second or two of delay after your release the left/right
switch (or after the preset reaches its destination)...the rotor slows down
before it stops. As far as I know the other models just stop when the turn
command is ended.

I have used the G800 and G2800 and despite minor component differences, the
controllers & motors are interchangeable within SDX and DXA families. In
fact, if you change connectors or make a connector-converter-pigtail, the
SDX and DXA controllers & motors are interchangeable.

GL es 73

Dan
K0DAN