Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 99, Issue 12 Towers and antenna,

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 99, Issue 12 Towers and antenna, restricted S/D
From: W4ABW@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 15:59:24 EST
I plan to make an offer on a home in a so called restricted neighborhood.
The restrictions do not mention towers, antenna, ham radio, sat, dishes etc.
The  restriction document is dated 1961.

It does mention other "buildings" and the usual "noxious/nuisances".

The city that the property is located has tower rules but very moderate. In
 the back or side yard, guys 5 feet from property lines and towers over 75
feet  need a city permit. No problems here but the city knows nothing about
restricted  neighborhoods nor does it care.

I am no lawyer and I wonder if anyone has an idea of what direction I can
or should take to get this restriction document looked at by someone who
would  know what it really means, if that is possible. A lawyer is one choice.
I  guess lawyers don't know much about towers etc.,either. I never met one
who  did.

I have asked around that neighborhood, asked the realtor, everybody but the
 mail man and they have no clue as to what a tower/antenna for ham radio
is.

The property is in Huntsville, AL.

Any ideas ?

Al