Re: [TowerTalk] When to RETIRE from climbing?

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] When to RETIRE from climbing?
From: GALE STEWARD <k3nd@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 06:29:23 -0700 (PDT)
I still climb at age 63. My heart, knees, hips all still good so why not. I do
use better safety equipment than in the "old days". I have a full body harness
with a dual fall arrest lanyard instead of the waist belt type that I used to
use.

My family requested that I only climb when someone else is home, to which I
comply. I also take my cell phone and a 2-way radio up with me, just in case.
It's the old boy scout training "be prepared"

Lets be safe up there!

73, Stew K3ND