[TowerTalk] Memory

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Memory
From: "Howard Hoyt" <hhoyt@mebtel.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 15:23:32 -0400
Bud, you quipped:

>Yes, it takes me a bit longer to get to the top than it used to.
>The bigger problem is that once I get there, I've forgotten
>why I needed to go up there in the first place....

That is one of the funnyest, most relevant, and ultimately sobering piece of
prose I have heard in a while, I laughed out loud until I thought about it for
a few more seconds!

As we age, memory lapses seem to be a reality for many of us, and certainly
gives impetus toward establishing a routine for tower work in order to not
forget something critical.  I'm thinking a laminated checklist of all safety
gear and preps at the tower base, at least then the worst that occurs at height
should be a forgotten tool.

Howard Hoyt
WA4PSC