Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator Loop Suggestions

To: "'Robert Harmon'" <k6uj@pacbell.net>, "'K8RI on TT'" <k8ri-on-towertalk@tm.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator Loop Suggestions
From: "Doug Turnbull" <turnbull@net1.ie>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 09:40:25 +0100
If you are concerned about abrasion look for a product called Spiral Wrap
which is normally used to tidy up cabling.   Spiral wrap is perhaps a
sixteenth of an inch thick plastic which can be wrapped around the service
loop and further secured with some electrical tape.   On my tower I have a
couple of places where the service loop naturally rubs so I used a second
layer of spiral wrap.   This seems to do the job nicely for me.

Because I have two small stays from the very top of the tower to an
anti-torque arm just below the tower head, I have enclosed these meter long
stays along with their turnbuckles in rectangular plastic trunking used for
electrical wiring.   This trunking snaps together but I have added
additional electrical tape to keep it together.   Thus I try to ensure the
service loop of RG231 rubs against a smooth surface.   The service loop
itself is quite loose and perhaps a bit longer than needed but it moves with
ease.

                 73 Doug EI2CN