Re: [TowerTalk] Antennas for 80m

To: Bill <bmarx@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antennas for 80m
From: David Blake <dhblake@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 09:13:57 -0700 (PDT)
I  used this setup while in Ohio with limited space.  I dont know why or how it
worked as well as it
did on the low bands.   The lengths are approximate.  On 80/75M the antenna was
less than 2:1 SWR
from 3.5 - 3.820Mhz.  On 160M it tuned well from 1800 - 1930Khz.  I had no
radials, probably would
have worked better if I had some.  I did not use a tuner, and ran high power.
Results 260 DXCC on 80/75
and 137 DXCC on 160M.  I have a crude drawing here:   www.n4db.com/antenna.pdf
I hope the link will
post OK on this page.  I also used this same low band antenna on 30M with good
results but the SWR was
a it higher.

73
Dave -N4DB-