Re: [TowerTalk] Concrete cost comparisons

To: towertalk@contesting.com, Patrick Barkey <n9rvee@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Concrete cost comparisons
From: Tom Anderson <andersonww5l@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 20:23:24 -0700 (PDT)
Patrick:

You might also check if you have a "U-cart" or similar named operation in your
area.  They sell you the already mixed concrete (I used them on a 40 ft Rohn 25
base back in the 1980s).  You just pay for the already mixed concrete.  It
somes in a trailer of varying sizes and you pull it to your site and back the
trailer up and dump it in the hole.  All we were required to do was wash out
the cart before returning it. I just took it to a quarter car wash and invested
$1 or so to wash the cart out.

In the mid 1990s I hired a toweer contractor to put the base of a crank up
Tri-ex 51 ft tower because where we moved is permeated with underground springs
and the first hole 4x4x6 we had dug filled up with water overnight.  We filled
that in and the contractor dug and poured the concrete in 1 day.

Tom, WW5L