Re: [TowerTalk] lm-354

To: "Doug Dietz" <dcdietz@chartermi.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] lm-354
From: "K0DAN" <k0dan@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 17:02:44 -0500
Doug I could be mistaken but I thought all models of the LM series WERE
motorized. If this is the case, it depends on the condition of your tower...
(is there a cable drum present? Are there cables & pulleys on the sections?
Are you sure it's an LM354 (there should be a name/serial plate on one
surface of the bottom section)? Depending on the condition and age of the
tower it may be possible to recable, replace pulleys and other hardware, add
a motor, gearbox, etc. Tash might be the place, altho a lot of the hardware
is generic. Another issue is if the tower is 20+ years old Tash may be
unable or unwilling to provide parts....these towers HAVE changed over the
years and a current LM### may not bear much resemblance to the same model
sold in 1970.

Provide more info on what you have to work with, then maybe some of us can
help you further.

73
Dan
K0DAN