Re: [TowerTalk] Complex Guy Question

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Complex Guy Question
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 15:50:21 -0400
Commercial towers have no fancy thrust bearing. It's usually just a very
heavy but small diameter plate that is just large enough to accept the
angled in tower legs, which are welded to the plate in the most amazing
mass of welding you ever saw. And this small plate just sits on a larger
plate on the concrete base centered by the pier pin.

-Steve K8LX