Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR BIGIR or 43ft vertical

To: "'Tom Osborne'" <w7why@frontier.com>, "'Towertalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR BIGIR or 43ft vertical
From: "Barry Merrill, W5GN" <w5gn@mxg.com>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 12:33:24 -0500
I replaced an early BigIR and 80 meter coil with the Zero-Five 43 foot
vertical
and have been totally pleased with the performance on 80-10, and, by adding
a 95 foot top wire, it plays well on 160.  And the zero five doesn't have
the
mechanics to jam its copper strap, as the BigIr did twice, nor did the zero
five
break in half in 80 mph winds that the Zero Five survived.

Barry, EI/W5GN