Re: [TowerTalk] concrete bases for freestanding towers

To: towertalk@contesting.com, EZRhino@fastmovers.biz
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] concrete bases for freestanding towers
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 13:05:06 EDT

In a message dated 5/14/2011 1:54:49 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  He had 53 feet of Rohn 45, house bracketed at 10'.  He  had a 3'x3'x3'
concrete base, and two C3's and a shorty fourty on top.   No guys.  A
microburst wind took it all down, which actually upturned the  concrete base
along
with it.

>  Now I don't think I  would categorize this as a base failure, as a
single set (or two) of guys  would likely have prevented this.

    I'll bet he didn't follow the LXC Prime  Directive to "DO what the
manufacturer says." Current Ron specs allow less  than 20 feet of height above
the housebracket. Regardless, a microburst  can be real nasty.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH