Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator Question
From: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 12:49:58 -0500
How is enough RF voltage (hundreds of volts) built up across the
lubricant between the ball bearings and the race above/below?

Both the top and the bottom of the rotor casing are at ground potential.
The base sites on the grounded rotor base. The mast is grounded as it
leaves the top of the tower section.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN