[TowerTalk] HDX-589 Hub City Gearbox

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HDX-589 Hub City Gearbox
From: Brian Moran <brianmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 12:18:13 -0700 (PDT)
I went outside today to elevate my 2004 vintage US Tower HDX 589, and smelled
oil around the tower. It appears the Hub City reducing gearbox is leaking oil
via the input shaft bearing seal. I'm not sure how much has leaked out, because
I'm not sure how much was in there in the first place.  Have others had such an
issue, and were you able to fix it yourself? I see what type of oil to put into
it; certainly just letting it drip is one option, but not a good one for me.

Thanks,

Brian N9ADG