Re: [TowerTalk] HAM-IV Ball Bearings

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HAM-IV Ball Bearings
From: Mike Short <mike.short@mchsi.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 22:29:01 -0500
You can get them from Hygain(MFJ).

Why do you need to replace them? Just clean and regrease with lithium
grease. If they are bad, the bearing race is also bad, since it is
softer than the bearings. IF that is the case, new bearings will not fix
anything. The rotor will probably be junk. Before you open it up, mark
both parts of the case with a sharpie or similar, and also mark the
bottom part and the case so you can put it back together the same as it
came apart. Disassemble it in a box, since the bearings WILL go all over
the place.
Pay attention to which way the bearing holder (plastic) is facing so you
can put it back. There are two bearing races.

Mike
AI4NS