[TowerTalk] 25G torque bars

To: n5ot@n5ot.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] 25G torque bars
From: RLVZ@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 12:42:48 EDT
Hi Mark,

I have had numerous Rohn 25 towers, some with the Rohn torque arms  and
some without.  When used with short boom antennas like the SteppIR
3-element... I don't think the torque arms are needed.  If you plan on
possibly
extending the boom to that of a SteppIR 4-element tribander then  the torque
arms
do help by reducing the twisting motion of the tower during  heavy winds.

That said, I like to use the Rohn torque arms whenever I guy my  Rohn
towers as it gives a real solid connection point which grips the  entire tower
rather than a single leg.

73,
Dick- K9OM

In a message dated 7/1/2011 8:26:40 A.M. Central Daylight Time,