[TowerTalk] OR2800DC rotor reed switch replacement

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] OR2800DC rotor reed switch replacement
From: Eric Dobrowansky K2WD <k2wd@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 14:21:25 +0000 (UTC)

Good afternoon,

I recently suffered a lightning strike to an antenna on my tower, and my OR2800
now indicates 16 ohms on the two motor wires (pins 1 &2), which looks normal.
However the reed switch is showing a continuous short across pins 5&6 even
while getting the rotor turn ever so slightly before the controller faults to
E1.

How difficult is it to replace the reed switch. Obviously I'm guessing the
rotor needs to come out of the tower. But is it easy enough to disassemble the
OR2800 and get to the reed switch? Also, is it available from places like
Mouser or Digi-Key, or is it a custom part that will require me to order it
from M2?

Any web pages showing the inside?

Thanks

Eric