[TowerTalk] Question on multiple slopers on a tower

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Question on multiple slopers on a tower
From: Ray Benny <rayn6vr@cableone.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 13:08:09 -0700
Not sure if this is the proper reflector to ask about slopers. But here
goes.

I have a 70ft tower with a single 80m sloper on it. I move the end if it
around to point in the direction I want to work in the world. It works
great!

I am re-doing the yagis on this tower and have thought about adding other
80m slopers in different directions thru a remote coax switch. My question,
to get full directional coverage, do I need 4 slopers 90 degrees apart, or
are slopers broad enough that I can use three? If they radiate in about 60
degree beam width, I would need four, one each for ZL/VK, JA, EU, and SA
which are about 90 degrees steps from each here in AZ.

Any experience with multi slopers? Will they interact?

Tnx,

--
*Ray,*
*N6VR*