[TowerTalk] Antenna Stubs

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Stubs
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 20:42:53 -0700
Hi all

I want to upgrade and put more stubs on the antennas here.  What I was
thinking of was making 2 for each band with a 1/8 wave section between each
stub.

What I'd like to do is go to the local paint store and get some empty paint
cans and coil the stubs and 1/8 section together and put them in the can for
better shielding.  Then put a coax jack on top of the can.

Would it hurt to coil them all together like that?  I'll be using some RG-6
for the stubs as I have about 600 feet of it.  I know it's not as good as
bigger coax, but it's what I have on hand.  Thanks and 73
Tom W7WHY