Re: [TowerTalk] HOHOHO... strap yourself into your crank-up tower...

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HOHOHO... strap yourself into your crank-up tower...
From: "David Jordan" <wa3gin@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 18:42:54 -0400
Yeah,

One summer evening I stopped by to visit a ham friend who owned a 70ft
crank-up.  He wasn't at his house so I walked around back where his tower
was located and found him pinned to the top of the bottom section.  He hands
were free but both feet were trapped as the top sections slipped.... He was
unable to free himself.  No one was home.  I cranked up the sections and he
used his arms to lower himself down. His feet were not happy for a long
time!

I wonder how long he would have been stuck there if I had not happened by
that evening... he was very lucky.

73,
Dave
wa3gin